To participate in Odyssey of the Mind you need the following 4 things:
- In New York most teams are from public schools, but students can also participate via community organizations, private schools or home school groups.
- For a community organization or homeschool group, contact the State Director, Lynn Lucas
- A maximum of 7 students can be on a team, divided into one of 4 age groups.
- The Odyssey of the Mind Division Finder will let you know which division your team qualifies for.
- One or more adult(s) helps manage the team; these are often teachers, parents or even previous Odyssey participants.
- The coach’s role is to facilitate and guide the students as THEY solve the problem. Learn more about being a coach.
- Will give you the current Long-Term problems and membership materials.
- In each region there will be an additional fee to cover training and participation. Contact your Regional Director to find out more