NYSOMA is a community of volunteers that work together to promote, run and grow the Odyssey of the Mind Program in New York
We currently have vacancies for:
The NYSOMA Board of Directors is actively recruiting individuals over the age of 18 to join the board. As a board member, you will play an integral part in helping to improve and advance the New York State Odyssey of the Mind program.
- knowledge of and passion for the Odyssey of the Mind program
- having skills and experience that would be helpful to the Board (e.g., legal, finance, social media, project management)
- being ready and willing to take on leadership roles and spearhead initiatives
- attending board meetings throughout the year (3 in person, 3 online)
- participating in email and online discussions
- actively participating in committees
- ultimately taking on committee and activity leadership roles
- assisting with regional and state tournaments
- regional support, development and membership growth
- sales support and sales merchandise planning
- sponsorship development
- social media support, website content development and revision
- officials’ training, coaches training
Additionally, we are looking for individuals to assist the State Finals Tournament Committee in planning the event and/or coordinating on the day of the event. Volunteers are welcome from anywhere in New York State, but if you are in the Syracuse area, we’d especially love your help!
To be considered for a position, please complete the application and send to Chris Lucas at email@example.com by May 26th.
Interviews will be conducted during the weekend of June 3rd and 4th.